Radio Far-Far

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Object of Insane Desire

On BBC progs I'm full of flattery
Perhaps it's time I change my battery
Those bad news shows in t'middle of night
Why sometimes, they give such a fright
The play's the thing, Oor Willie said
Enough to keep me from my bed
A Play of the Week, entirely in rhyme
Quite word perfect, how sublime!
It's really quite fun, this comedy made play, doh!
I thought I was listening to English by Radio
From Bush House controllers, you still can depend
At least for such drama, throughout the weekend
A laptop dilemma, an object of trauma
And heated debate, in the shop getting warmer
This object you see, lest you hadn't guessed
A micro computer, can cause such distress
But some of us know, even PM's like Tony
That in radio terms, there's no-one like Sony
And Short Wave listeners could be quite bereft
Without for their toy, a new ICF
So now must be time, to the wireless to go
And start listening to another show!

(c) Mark A Savage March 2006

[ If you haven't the foggiest what I'm on about, you'll probably haven't heard the hilarious verse play my own doggerel is referring to, so you'll need to contact the BBC World Service and ask them if they have any intention to repeat "Objects of Insane Desire", which was broadcast in March 2006. I don't know if a commercial recording is available, but it's worth a try. Follow links from this page for the BBC World Service home page, where you can send an e-mail
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/ ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home